Dental Crowns – Springfield, NJ
Repair, Restore, and Protect Your Smile
Sometimes, a simple filling or dental bonding treatment isn’t enough to properly restore a significantly damaged or decayed tooth. Thankfully, you can repair, restore, and protect your smile with a durable, custom-made dental crown in Springfield. At Skyline Dental, we routinely use these common restorations to help patients regain both the function and appearance of weakened, broken teeth. Read on to learn more about dental crowns and give us a call to see if your smile could benefit from one!
Why Choose Skyline Dental For Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Materials for Beautiful, Lasting Results
- CEREC Technology for Same-Day Custom Restorations
- Experienced and Gentle Dentist Who Truly Cares
What Is a Dental Crown?
Essentially, a dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap. They’re designed to fit snugly over the top of a tooth, completely encapsulating its entire visible surface. In addition to strengthening and cosmetically improving the tooth, the dental crown acts as a barrier to prevent further damage or decay. Each custom-made restoration is crafted from high-quality dental ceramic for seamlessly lifelike results that are built to last for years to come. Dental crowns can be used to address issues like:
- Teeth that have been weakened by extensive decay or large fillings.
- Teeth that have been chipped, cracked, or fractured.
- Stained, small, misshapen, or otherwise cosmetically imperfect teeth.
- Teeth that have just been treated with a root canal.
- A missing tooth, when paired with a dental implant.
How Are Dental Crowns Placed?
Thanks to our state-of-the-art technology, placing a dental crown is now faster, more comfortable, and more precise than ever. First, we’ll remove a very thin layer of enamel to make room for your new restoration. Then, instead of using uncomfortable dental putty, we’ll take precise digital impressions of your teeth. This detailed information is sent to our CAD/CAM technology, where your Springfield dentist Dr. Aliana Henkin can design your unique dental crown in just a few minutes.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown?
While there are plenty of restorations that can repair broken or decayed teeth, dental crowns offer important benefits such as:
- Versatility: From damage, decay, and cosmetic imperfections, dental crowns can be used to correct several different types of issues.
- Lifelike appearance: Dental ceramic is well-known for how closely it resembles the appearance and texture of natural tooth enamel.
- Prevention of future issues: The barrier provided by a dental crown is an excellent way to prevent future damage and infections.
With a single visit, we can help repair your weakened, decayed, and damaged teeth! Give us a call today to schedule your next appointment and discover if you could benefit from a dental crown.