Invisalign® Clear Braces – Springfield, NJ
Discreetly Align Your Smile in Record Time
When someone pulls out their phone or camera to snap a picture, do you automatically smile with your mouth closed to hide your crooked teeth? Even if you’re past the age where it’s socially acceptable to wear braces, it’s never too late to straighten your pearly whites. Thanks to Invisalign clear braces in Springfield, NJ you can achieve a straight smile without wearing a mouthful of metal. At Skyline Dental, Dr. Henkin can prescribe these custom-made clear trays that are designed to discreetly align your smile in record time. If you’re looking for an easy way to boost your confidence in your grin, contact us today to learn whether Invisalign is right for you!
Why Choose Skyline Dental for Invisalign Clear Braces?
- Discreet Appearance That Onlookers Won’t Notice
- Treatment Custom-Made for Each Patient
- Often Able to Work Faster Than Traditional Braces
How Invisalign Works
Your Invisalign journey begins with a consultation, during which Dr. Henkin can take digital impressions of your mouth. These models are used to create a series of clear plastic aligners, each one designed to shift a small portion of your smile until every one of your teeth is perfect aligned. For maximum effectiveness, you should wear each set for at least 22 hours a day, only removing them to eat, drink, and clean your teeth.
You’ll still be expected to visit us every few weeks throughout the course of your treatment, but these appointments shouldn’t last long. In most cases, we’ll simply check your progress and give you your next few sets of aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign
Besides being translucent enough to avoid being noticeable, Invisalign comes with several additional benefits, including:
- While traditional braces normally take 24-36 months to align your teeth, Invisalign treatment lasts 12-18 months on average.
- The clear aligners are designed with your comfort in mind. As such, they won’t irritate your gums or cheeks as much as braces do.
- Since you remove the aligners to eat, they won’t restrict your diet.
- Because the aligners don’t need to be tightened like braces do, you’ll spend less time in the dental chair.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Despite being able to correct multiple orthodontic flaws (like overbite, underbite, and crowded teeth), it’s worth mentioning that Invisalign requires more responsibility than traditional braces. Because the aligners are removable, you must be disciplined enough to wear them as prescribed. As a result, Invisalign is typically only recommended for adults and older teenagers.
You must also have adequate oral health before beginning treatment. If we detect issues like gum disease or tooth decay, they’ll have to be addressed prior to wearing the aligners.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Believe it or not, there is actually no definitive cost of Invisalign. Each patient has different orthodontic needs that influence the amount they end up paying. Some of the factors that will affect your cost are:
- Whether you’ll require any preliminary procedures, such as tooth extractions, fillings, or gum disease therapy before starting treatment
- The degree to which your teeth are misaligned
- Your age
- How often you wear your aligners
Ultimately, the only way to accurately know the price of your Invisalign treatment is to schedule a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Springfield.